Monday 19 September 2011

Lovey Dovey

What can I say, I've been feeling like this for a while now. Maybe because summer is coming to an end again and that whole hot and single thing is starting to seem less and less attractive now. Come on it's logical, it's cold and wet and it's just going to get colder and darker. Who really wants to be single over the winter months? Anyway I wrote a poem while I was in the shower (impressive, huh?). Well I wrote it in my head and then when I jumped out I had to go write it down before I forgot it. So here it goes...


Remember Love
I remember love
Like it was yesterday
She was happy she was free


The little things. Sweet kisses on your forehead
Long warm hugs. Holding hands.
I remember love


Perfect and kind
She stands there, amongst the crowds
The damage. She cared. Her heart beat faster
at the sight of him. That was love


I remember love. Her laughter, her joy
Her wholeness. Shared dreams
Her childish stubbornness in search of silly arguments
The smile. The stare. All knowing.


She knew she'd never forget. When the dust
Settled and the pain the size of a tear drop
now, not a thunderstorm. She remembered.
Love
Longed for it once more and cherished what was
Before.Remember
Remember to love.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment